About smoking crap, techniques of getting free of smoking and the stories about smoking, quitting smoking.> Smoking and Me: Money-Money Your Money and Your Life

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Money-Money Your Money and Your Life

God I really love the American medical industry ! I mean it's the best in the world, if you ask our congressmen (if you have their plan). For those of us that what I call of the lower middle class. Not poor enough for free medical insurance. But have to spend huge amounts of our income for health insurance.
O.K. smoking is bad ! After spending a half a century of the money people trying to get Americans hooked on the addiction, now the smart money is made on how to get us off the nicotine. The game is money who gets your money.
The for profit insurance companies, a CEO in Mn, had to give back a few hundred milliion dollars in stock options, but he still walks away with over $800 million.
The Drug companies that have taken over the airwaves with commercials that the tobacco industry used to fill with cigarette ads.
The for profit hospital Corps. that are building Cathedrals to show their wealth by charging $25 for a mucus removal system ( Kleenex )
Not for profit Insurance ?
Today I went in to buy the last box of my prescription of Chantix. Doc had said I want you on this for six months. I read literature on the 6 months being the recommended time. I am waiting for it to be filled, I hear the clerk talking to someone on the phone, apparently Medica , feels that the date when the prescription was made was day one. I waited until, I had one week of pills left. They will not honor my doctors prescription now for the 6th month because it will be over the 6 month time frame. I should have gone in last week. of course I can still buy it full price, but that $1400 plus a month for insurance for me and my wife won't cover it.
Tags:

No comments: