About smoking crap, techniques of getting free of smoking and the stories about smoking, quitting smoking.> Smoking and Me: Final Smoking Days

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Final Smoking Days

I had been thinking about my birthday coming up on September 2, making me 62 years old. I've been feeling slower and slower. Usually buying cigarettes a carton at a time. To insure I wouldn't run out. I had been taking Chantix for 2 months and was still smoking. I bought just one pack.
A couple of months ago I had boughten some 'Equate' nicotine transdermal system patches. I got them at Walmart for $25 being $5 cheaper than anywhere else. The Nicoderm brand costing $39 for the same thing. But that is a whole nother post.
Anyway that night I put on a 21mg nicotine patch and had 2 cigarettes, the next day, new patch and that night I had 2 more cigarettes. The next day September 1, my birthday I had 3 cigarettes late at night. I knew this could not go on. So the next day, I did not have any cigarettes. Still on Chantix and a patch. I found myself getting the cold sweats. They would go away. As a couple of days went on. I kept the same patch on for 2 days then 3 days before switching when I would be getting the heavy cold sweats and now tremors. After a week I switched to the 14 mg patch. I did the same pattern, new patch for 2 days then keeping the same patch on for for 2 days. The cold sweats would come back.
On the 17th I put a new patch on, during this process in the middle of the night on three different nights I was awoken with what I call shaking tremors, a uncontrollable twitching. I carry stress on my left side. Thats where the tremors would appear. On the 20th I took that patch off and have been just using the Chantix.
Oh, I had been keeping these patches on by putting masking tape over the patch as I found they did not stick that well. After a day or so.
I'd like to hear how other people have gone through this process.
Tags:

No comments: