About smoking crap, techniques of getting free of smoking and the stories about smoking, quitting smoking.> Smoking and Me: Smokers and Sellers

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Smokers and Sellers

A very good article by Ailene Sankur that speaks about the intimate relationship one builds with the seller of tobacco how it is similar to to where the alcoholic gets their booze.

Here is a quote "Like any addiction, smoking involves not only a great deal of self-deception, but also a great deal of repetition. Go outside, fumble for a lighter, light up, inhale, exhale, throw the butt in the pile in the planter, go inside, wash your hands, pop in gum, feel less stressed. Do it again. And part of that repetition is seeing someone everyday" Read the whole article at Tencartrain .

I was one of those she referred to as "the most diehard, embattled sort of smoker, the sort with yellowed fingertips and overflowing ashtrays". I went to the same small store to buy my carton every 4-5 days. I wouldn't have to say anything the clerk would just grab a carton. If they were out of full cartons they would refill a open one so I could get the carton price. Now when I go in, after quiting for a month and a half and having saved about $562 in what I would have spent on cigarettes. They ask me how the smoking is going. Which I find a interesting way to phrase it.


Tags:

No comments: