About smoking crap, techniques of getting free of smoking and the stories about smoking, quitting smoking.> Smoking and Me: The Smoking Ban

Monday, October 1, 2007

The Smoking Ban

I didn't get to a bar today to check out the smoking ban was going but the local pizza shop has their no smoking sign up and in small letters it says, be careful big brother is watching you. A couple people were in there when I was and started talking about the 'health Nazis' I used to talk like that. It's amazing how nicotine can twist your mind. I know I am not going to be like what I see as the raving lunatics. Looking with disdain at those who smoke.
I remember when I had become quit smoking 8 years ago and I was going into the hospital to visit my wife who had breast cancer, how I had felt sorry for the smokers who were standing out in the cold having a cigarette. On thinking about it now it was I'm sure a sense of snobbery or superiority.
Later that day as she was in surgery I went out and bought a pack and the story repeated itself. Now I am 2 months into my quit still using Chantix, there is no easy way to quit smoking. The urges still come but they pass without being intense, I can be misdirected with a Ricola.
Tags:

No comments: